More About This
- ingredients -
- 1/2 cup water (more or less, depending on your taste)
- 1 container Sabra Classic Hummus
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound cheese tortellini, cooked to al dente, drained, tossed with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil and cooled
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes , halved or quartered (depending on size)
- 1/2-2/3 of a ball of fresh mozzarella , cut into 1/2" cubes
- 10-12 large basil leaves, chiffonade (cut into ribbons)
- - several grindings fresh black pepper
- directions -
1. In a medium bowl, combine the hummus, water and optional olive oil. Whisk well to make a relatively thin dressing.
2. Whisk in the salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
3. Fold in the cooled pasta, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. If the dressing gets too thick, fold in more water and/or olive oil, just a bit at a time, until the texture is to your liking.
6. Best served within one day of making.
- get snack-sized info -
right to your inbox
Including new products, special offers and tasty inspiration.