- ingredients -
- - For the dough:
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- - For the pickled onions:
- 1 small red onion cut into very thin rings
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2-3 shakes hot sauce
- - For the mushroom chips:
- 3/4 lb oyster mushrooms, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- - Extra virgin olive oil
- - Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cups Sabra hummus
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced and tossed with salt and olive oil
- 1 cup baby washed arugula
- directions -
For the dough:
1. Combine the yeast, sugar and 1/2 cup warm (NOT HOT) water in a small ball. Stir to combine and let sit for 10-15 minutes or until foamy and yeasty-smelling.
2. Combine the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl, make a well in the center of the flour and add the oil and yeast mixture. Use a fork and stir until the liquids and flour are well combined. Knead the dough on a clean work surface for 5-6 minutes. Lightly coat the mixing bowl with olive oil. Return the dough to the bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm spot and let the dough sit for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
For the onions:
1. While the dough is rising:
In a small bowl combine the onions, vinegar, salt, sugar and hot sauce. Let sit for 1 hour.
For the mushroom chips:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl toss the mushrooms together with olive oil until lightly coated. Season with salt, smoked paprika and the crushed red pepper.
3. Arrange the mushrooms in single layer on a baking sheet. Be sure they don’t overlap. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are brown and “cooked on” to the sheet tray. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Using a spatula scrape the mushrooms off the bottom of the tray and reserve.
Keep the oven on to finish your pizzettas.
To make the pizzas:
1. Preheat the grill or grill pan to a medium high heat.
2. Divide the pizza dough into 4-6 even size balls. Roll out the doughs to 1/8-1/4 in in thickness. Working in batches, oil one side of the doughs and place on the preheated grill. When the doughs have lovely, charred grill marks flip and repeat the process. Move the doughs occasionally so they won’t burn.
3. Place the grilled doughs on a baking sheet. Schmear each dough generously with Sabra hummus. Arrange the tomato slices on the hummus and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and juicy.
4. Remove the pizzas from the oven and arrange the mushrooms and pickled onions on the tomatoes on the tomatoes. Toss the arugula with a little olive oil and salt. Arrange the arugula on the pizzettas. Serve immediately.
5. Collect your kudos!!!
- get snack-sized info -
right to your inbox
Including new products, special offers and tasty inspiration.