Meets Dietary Restrictions
More About This
- ingredients -
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 eggplant, diced
- 2 tsp olives (black or green), chopped
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 tsp raisins, chopped
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 pinches paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus
- 1 Salt and pepper
- directions -
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Hollow out the insides of the tomatoes and reserve the pulp for later.
3) Heat olive oil in a large, heavy pot on medium heat.
4) Add eggplant, onion and garlic cloves. Sauté for about 15 minutes or until eggplant is soft and brown.
5) Add turkey, reserved tomato pulp, cover and let simmer for 12 minutes or until the turkey is cooked and eggplant and onion are very tender (this is your caponata mixture).
6) Season caponata to taste.
7) Transfer caponata to serving bowl. Add balsamic vinegar, capers, olives, pine nuts, parsley, oregano, raisins, quinoa and hummus.
8) Stuff the hollowed-out tomatoes with the caponata.
9) Place the tomatoes on a sheet pan and bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until tomato skin becomes slightly crispy.
10) To serve, place some hummus on a plate and then use a spoon to spread it out. Place the tomato on top and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.