Meets Dietary Restrictions
More About This
- ingredients -
- 1 cup of quinoa flour
- ½ cup of brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons of psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons of Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus (or hummus flavor of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of cold water (plus and additional 2 - 3 tablespoons)
- directions -
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Adding quinoa flour, brown rice flour, psyllium, garlic, salt, pepper, pine nuts, basil, hummus and oil to a food processor. Pulse until evenly distributed.
2. Add the water, starting with ¼ cup and adding 1 tablespoons at a time after, and pulse until a dough comes together into a ball, about 30 seconds. Remove and form into a ball. Let rest for just a few minutes.
3. Cut the dough into four pieces. Knead one piece with your hands, place it on a piece of parchment and roll it as thin as you can. You’ll probably need to sprinkle the dough with a little flour so that it doesn’t stick. Repeat with the other three pieces and transfer the pieces of parchment to baking sheets.
4. Bake the crackers for 7 – 10 minutes per side, watching closely so they don’t burn. Careful when you flip them over too! Turn off the oven and let them sit in the warm oven for 1 – 2 hours so they get super crispy.
5. Break them into pieces, add them to a bowl and serve them with your favorite dips/spreads.
- get snack-sized info -
right to your inbox
Including new products, special offers and tasty inspiration.