Meets Dietary Restrictions
More About This
- ingredients -
- 2 ears of corn, shucked (about 1.5 to 2 cups corn kernels)
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- - juice of lime
- - kosher salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ large white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded, stemmed, and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon ground chili powder
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño hot sauce (optional)
- - small handful of chopped cilantro
- - kosher salt + black pepper
- 8-12 small soft corn tortillas
- 1 package Sabra Southwestern Veggie Fusions Guacamole
- directions -
1. Prepare the Corn Salsa: Combine the shucked corn, bell pepper, chopped cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Toss and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside as you prepare the black beans.
2. Prepare the Black Beans: In a medium saucepan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and poblano, and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until the the vegetables have softened and the onions are slightly translucent. Add the ground cumin and chili powder, and sauté, stirring constantly, for an additional 30 to 45 seconds. Add the undrained black beans to the pan, stir, and simmer over medium-low heat, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, stir in the lime juice, hot sauce (if using), and chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and keep warm until ready to serve.
3. Char and warm the tortillas: Line a large plate or bowl with a clean kitchen linen. Turn your gas burner over medium heat. You could use two burners at once to speed this process up, or do them one at a time. Place one corn tortilla directly over the flame one at a time and heat for 15 to 25 seconds per side, flipping them with tongs, or until lightly charred. Transfer the warm tortillas to the kitchen linen as you work, and cover them to keep them warm.
4. Assemble: Using a slotted spoon, fill the tortillas with a generous spoonful of cooked black beans. Top with guacamole, corn salsa, and crumbled cotija cheese. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and serve immediately.
- get snack-sized info -
right to your inbox
Including new products, special offers and tasty inspiration.