Active Time: 15 minutes
Start to finish: 45 minutes
- Peel the potatoes and place in a bowl of water to cover (this will prevent discoloration).
- Cut the potatoes into 1½ inch cubes and place in a medium sized pot with enough water to cover and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until a fork goes gently through the potatoes.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes and place back into the pot over medium heat until the moisture comes out of the potatoes and they appear dry. (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat. In the same pot start mashing the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add 1 1/3 cup Sabra hummus and 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Top with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze overtop.
Recipe by Colombe Jacobsen